Sunday 13 July 2014

Yin Yang Nails

I've recently been obsessed with my nails. Switching them up every couple of days with something new and different. I love experimenting with new designs and I find that painting my nails is quite therapeutic too!
Therefore, I wanted to show you guys how I accomplished these fab Yin Yang nails.

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality pictures, they looked fine on my phone :S
Start off with a base coat of your choice (as you can see, I opted for pink)
After your base coat has dried, dip a small nail brush into the other colour you have chosen and create a 'S' shape swirl diagonally across your nail- You could also do this with the nail polish brush if you are super super careful!
Then, use the nail varnish brush to cover one side of the 'S' shape swirl with the second colour you have selected
When the nail varnish has dried for a second time, use a small dotting tool (or the small brush from earlier) and create a dot in each side of the swirl. e.g. the pink dot inside the silver colour and vise versa.- Again, you could also do this with the nail polish brush if you're careful
Finally once the two dots have dried, go over the nail with some clear nail polish to help create shine and help your nail polish to last longer.
Psst... I know Yin Yang's are originally Black and White. I just felt like switching them up so they look unique and different :)

Again, i'm sorry for the rubbish pictures. Let me know what you think in the comments.
Go on, give it a go! :)

9 comments:

  1. these are so cool! :)

    have you checked out my blog?
    http://georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely nail ideas x
    http://suzishrestha.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gret idea. Rather than trying to draw a circle. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a simple but lovely technique! Thanks for shairng.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a cute Dahlia trench coat giveaway on my blog at the moment, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great nails! I love the pattern as it's so simple yet effective! I will definitely be trying these out! Abi myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abi, and let me know how you get on!

      Delete